After a quick chat with my cousin, we realised there were lower cost alternatives to most high-end products. In the dupes section today, I’d love to share alternatives to the ‘Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate’ that I reviewed a couple of weeks ago.
Now the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate basically heals skin overnight in five major aspects: radiance, glow, lightening, regeneration and firming. You’re supposed to massage it on your face in circular motions and leave it on for the night. It’s priced at about INR 2000+ and lasts for about 6 months with regular usage.
Two brilliant alternates to this are: Vitamin E oil and Rosehip Oil used alternately that pretty much give the same results as the Keihl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate does.
Product 1: Vitamin E Oil
- It works like wonder for the first time
- It makes the skin feel really supple and betters the firmness
- It also adds to the radiance
- It’s so easy on my pocket- from a pharmacy, this could cost you as low as INR 20
- Visible results from the first use
- It’s slightly oily, it’ll leave your skin sticky after the first use
- You cannot leave it overnight on summers- it’ll cause a breakout the next morning
- The consistency is thicker than the Midnight Recovery Concentrate
Product 2: Rosehip Oil
- It smells like a dream
- It’s really nice to the skin- never had a breakout despite all night usage
- It’s non sticky
- It leads to smoother skin, lightens skin tone and reduces scars
- The scar reduction/ regeneration is easily comparable to The Midnight Recovery Concentrate
- It costs about INR 200, which is slightly pricier than the Vitamin E oil
- This could stain your clothes since the oil is slightly yellow- make sure you aren’t sleeping on a white pillow!
Apply each for about 2 hours if you have oily skin and for about 4 for dry skin. I’m attaching the best oil/ serum application method again:
Rating (for combined use):
The results are about 95% as compared to the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate- the only thing you’d be missing on is the slightly luxurious feel and smell that all of Keihl’s products entail.