The earliest memory I have of charcoal is from when I was in school, when I used to draw with HB, 2B, 6B, charcoal pencils and so on. Never did I ever imagine that it could also have purifying properties. (!!)
Zooming into the present, while browsing for other new developments in the world beauty scenario, I came across charcoal face-masks. After a fair amount of scouting in India, I decided to try out Blossom Kochhar’s Activated Bamboo Charcoal Facepack.
Statutory Warning: Do not apply this on a Sunday- the entire family freaks out.
That’s me- and both my brother in law and husband haven’t stopped mocking me since they first saw me like this:
So, the pack comes in a nice plastic tube and contrary to prices abroad, this works out fairly economical. And behind the plastic tube, you’d find a promise by Blossom Kochhar that talks about a six way skin transformation: lightening, brightening, exfoliation, cleansing, nourishing and restoration.
Mode of application:
Gently moisten your face after washing and drying it well and dab this facepack gently with your fingers (or brush) whatever works for you.
Leave it to dry for about 15-20 minutes till you feel it caking up on your skin.
This is how thick it should be:
ProTip: this helps your skin absorb whatever’s on it, so while a clean face is a must, dab on a little olive oil for that extra glow.
- Now this really does soothe my skin- I got a face rash from a glycerine allergy and one application made it all go away
- It does cleanse my skin too, my skin is visibly soft
- It lends some radiance/ glow too, for at least 2-3 hours
- It has an easy application and removal
- Best results are when used with an Inatur Face Scrub- also charcoal- reviewed soon!
- It’s a great product for the summer, it’s cooling and fairly refreshing too
- Don’t expect a very nourished look for a very long time- the glow fades soon
- It doesn’t lighten skin tone- just a little brightening
- Not a lot of skin restoration, but make sure a skin care routine is followed alongside
Price: INR 475 for one 100g tube on Nykaa
Rating: 4/5- with a proper regimen, this really works!