One of the perks of online shopping is that you can breeze through the catalogue at your own whim. Breeze through in the cab, breeze through in the loo, breeze through when you’re half awake.. ah, you get the gist. One such breezy discovery I made was the NYX Color Mascara.
Now I’m not much of a risk taker when it comes to makeup, nor do I have the eyelashes to really play with something too risque. But I gave this one a shot, and boy, am I pleased!
The NYX Color Mascara comes in a regular plastic mascara container- I didn’t get mine in a cardboard box. And the colour of the container is representative of the colour of the mascara.
On a standalone basis, the NYX Color Mascara does nothing to your eyelashes. Two, even three applications make a major difference only when you look hard enough.
My best result was when I applied a black mascara, let it sit, and then applied this one on top. *mental applause- thank you, thank you*
- The colour is pretty great
- The stay is about 5-7 hours (and depending on the occasion, if you’re shedding some tears, honey, this won’t last too long)
- This comes in an attractive container- I really like the container
- The pricing is average mascara pricing- INR 700 for a container that lasts about 6 months of occasional use
- I really don’t like the wand- it’s flimsy and only adds colour- it doesn’t give any volume
- Don’t buy this if you’re seeking thicker eyelashes, this only gives a dash of colour
- The darker colours: blue and brown are barely there. They make my lashes look like they aren’t even sitting on any mascara, let alone colour
Here’s what a really posed picture looks like:
I wore this on my regular mascara and my lashes are now a little hard:
Price: INR 700 for a 9 ml pack