Happy Sunday-ing, blogverse! I am supremely excited this Sunday since I got a very luxurious parcel from Nykaa. So, while I originally planned to only review The Bobbi Brown Art Stick, I thought my first post on unboxing should be a great idea today.
What came to me was this slick parcel that was quite unlike Nykaa’a regular glossy white parcels. This was a slick matte, black parcel that seemingly represented the luxury store of Nykaa with a separately branded packaging and the likes. It has a pretty great look and feel and also entails a premium delivery, which is quicker and seems exclusive since the box came sans wear and tear.
I opened the box to an adorable similarly branded ‘Thank You’ card and an invoice. And beneath that, I saw a zip-lock and a bubble wrap.
Inside the pink zip-lock, where there is a perfectly locked zip-case, is the lipstick. After stripping off various layers of packaging to get to my lipstick, it feels like a reward in itself to reach that point. Now the case is standard Bobbi Brown, a black luxuriously packaged art stick.
Here is a shot of the shade, ‘English Rose’. Now, I did have a fair idea of how it would be, having read a couple of foreign blog posts and what this shade looks like on really white skin, this looked completely different on my skin tone from what I could tell.
Firstly, the packaging of the Art Stick, liquid is adorable. It’s an easier, non-rolling version of the chubby stick with greater stay, pigmentation and matte-cum-creme finish. You have to squeeze the body of the Art Stick to get the viscous lip colour out and it comes out from a fine hole on top of the Art Stick.
Applied to my skin, here’s what it looks like:
- The packaging looks adorable
- Its got a long stay on my lips
- It smells neutral- no over powering odour right under your nose
- The slanted application edge makes for a super easy application
- The whole lipstick ought to last me at least six months of frequent usage
- The colours are fairly classy
- The pigmentation is really good
- I’m sort of sick of the matte finish products in the market so this makes for a matte-cum-creme-perfect pout
- It’s only pricey- but that’s the price you gotta pay for brand equity, I guess!
I paid INR 2600 for ‘English Rose’ for one single Art Stick off Nykaa
Overall, I’d rate is 4.5/5 for everything I mentioned in the pro list