I’m back, after a slight break- I had my family visiting me so I was trying to hank my hosting skills up a notch and hence, the planned blog post had to accept another go-live date.
My latest post is about how different, really, are the premium lipstick brands that we aspire to add to our collections.
For my wedding, as a part of my gift trousseau was The Louboutin’s Rouge Velvet Matte Lipstick, which is essentially, a necklace-cum-lipstick with a very goth look and feel to it.
So, to sum up the way you approach your Louboutin lipstick- there’s a very slick, attractive looking black box with red felt lining inside that massively adds to the luxurious approach to the product right from when you start to unbox it.
While wearing it would also be a part of your buying proposition, you’d next encounter an ancient goth-weapon like object with a string attached to it (which is the lipstick of course) and lo, there’s your necklacy-makeup.
While nothing about the lipstick is really a breakthrough in terms of how it feels, the pigmentation, stay, colour or a velvet texture- you could get exactly this look and feel with a Colorbar Take Me As I Am- pencil lipstick (link to shade: Dare Bare Pink) this Louboutin lipstick is pretty much to just make a (strong!) statement each time you wear it- you literally wear it.
- It makes a strong statement- if you share my bold, Punjabi blood, you can tell the world what you’re wearing on your lips without anyone even coming and asking you what shade you wear 😛
- It makes for a fancy accessory
- The lipstick feels very good on the lips
- The colour stays for over 4 hours for me-including eating and occasional sips of wine
- It does make you feel like you’re wearing something exquisite
- It smells really good- a mix of manly and woody undertones
- It’s a brilliant red for Indian skin tones
- You get the exact colour with a Colorbar, the Louboutin is a heavy price to pay for a red
- It lets lip cracks show- it isn’t the perfect velvet that blends your lip cracks in
- It gives you the look of a matte liquid lipstick- if you’re looking for something between a matte and a creme, this isn’t one for you
Overall, if you’re looking to splurge on a statement makeup piece, this should be your pick. However, if you’re expecting miracles from the lipstick, it’d disappoint
Price: INR 10,500