Back when Patanjali was still a market newbie, and my parents believed everything right about the planet was Patanjali, my father decided to take a drastic step.
One groggy morning ( I was late as usual) I rushed to the loo for a quick shower, and to my dismay, my Lakmé facewash was nowhere to be seen. Moving on to the shower department, I discovered my Body Shop shampoo was MIA too. And in both the places, lay Patanjali products. Now, I was getting fairly late. Considering my morning ruined, I speed shampooed my hair, washed my face and ran out to change.
While I was changing, I also had a somewhat change in heart. (Also eventually, not just on that day) I actually started to prefer some Patanjali Products over my “Capitalist/ Materialist choices”
Hence, I owed Patanjali a review.
Product 1: Patanjali Kesh Kanti Reetha Hair Cleanser
When you pour this product on your palm, it has a slightly diluted consistency. It’s a black shampoo, although they have positioned it as a cleanser and having compared its contents with other shampoos, it does promise a larger percentage of natural products, little or none sodium laureth sulphate and if you miss Arnica’s Reetha Shampoo (circa 1995), this should work for you perfectly.
The bottle typically lasts me two-three weeks ( I have waist length hair) and despite what the shampoo looks like, it has a natural, pleasant smell to it. The smell doesn’t stay for over an hour and the shampoo doesn’t lather too much- which could be a part of the larger, natural ingredient schema.
- It’s very reasonable on the pocket
- It does better the hair texture- usage period: 2 months
- It works well for coloured hair
- The look and feel of the shampoo is quite natural
- It bettered my seasonal hairfall by about 50-70%
- I’m not a fan of the packaging
- The paired conditioner does a very shoddy job, hence I had to go back to my original Garnier
INR 85- it lasts me 2-3 weeks
Product 2: Patanjali Rose Facewash
My skin is combination, while my T Zone is *very* oily, my cheeks are fairly dry and start to turn dry and pink on the onset of a dry season. My T Zone on the other hand, gets fairly excited and oily.
The Patanjali Rose Facewash has kept my skin normal- it hasn’t had a drastic cosmetic effect on the way my skin looks but my breakouts have gone reasonably down (although I also modified my diet). But overall, I’ve used the Patanjali Rose Facewash for a year and I wouldn’t say I’m addicted to it, but I’m fairly fond of it now.
- Easy on the pocket
- A very natural aroma about the product
- My skin feels soothed
- It has a slightly cooling effect
- It’s fairly mild
- It does seem natural- my skin has behaved well for over a year now
- My inner marketing student twists in her soul seeing the packaging
- No effect on scars/ spots
- Skin eventually gets oily in about 2 hours
I paid INR 45 for a tube of the Patanjali Rose Facewash and two uses a day make the product last for over a month for me
Product 3: Patanjali Multani Mitti
Growing up in a house with a Nani-Dadi, I was used to a Multani Mitti ritual almost every weekend. It’s almost like Multani Mitti is comfort food for my skin. So when I was doing my routine grocery shopping and having used the shampoo and facewash, I jumped at the idea of giving the Patanjali Multani Mitti a shot.
So while it’s unlike the typical Multani Mitti that you mix with water and rose water and apply to your skin, this one’s pre-mixed with aloe vera and saves me from getting my nails and fingers dirty. I really like the quick drying and the perfectly diluted consistency of the product and it does add a glow to my skin whenever I use it. I’m quite happy with the product and pick it over any other face-pack in the market.
- It has an instant cooling effect on my skin
- It makes my skin softer
- My skin has a supple appearance about it
- It’s very easy to apply
- It can be used as many times a week as you like- I’ve gone to about everyday during my wedding week and I was happy
- It’s got a pleasing aroma to it
- Needless to say, it’s easy on the pocket
- Do I need to vent about the packaging again?
It’s only 60 bucks and I’m SO happy with it. It lasts me, depending on the time of the year, and how much of it I use, about a month
Tip: Apply it to your neck when you apply it to your face